Mowbray Public School

Together is better

Telephone02 9428 3200


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

If your child does not live within our intake area, visit out-of-area enrolment. Out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

If you have received an offer for an out-of-area placement, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept or decline the offer.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

To verify that the student lives within the catchment area, it is a requirement that you provide proof of the student's residential address by providing a 100-point residential address check. The attached document shows the weightings of the documents required. For more information, visit the Residental Address Check website.

How to enrol

When you're ready to enrol your child in our school, please prepare the Application to Enrol and bring it to the office along with the required original documentation. If there are any special circumstances or medical conditions we should be aware of, you may be required to meet with the principal or the head of year. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

Required documentation for new public school enrolments

  • child's passport, birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of child's address, such as current council rates notice, residential lease, electricity bill. Schools that are above or near their local enrolment buffer will use the Department's 100-point residential address check. 
  • immunisation history statement from the Australian Immunisation Register
  • any family law or other relevant court orders, if applicable
  • if your child has health, disability or other support needs you will need to provide copies of medical/healthcare or emergency action plan and evidence of any disability and learning and support plans

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Required documentation for temporary residents:

  • passport of both child and parents (if parents were born overseas)
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable)

International students

NSW government schools are Australia's largest education provider. Our school curriculum and integrated welfare programs are highly regarded internationally, and we welcome international students into our schools.

NSW Department of Education l CRICOS provider code: 00588M

Download our Out of Area Enrolment application form if you wish to apply as a non-local enrolment at Mowbray Public School.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.